Studer Family Children’s Hospital
Welcome to The Studer Family Children’s Hospital at Sacred Heart, Northwest Florida’s only hospital solely dedicated to the care of sick and injured babies and children.
The Children’s Hospital offers a wide range of services to meet all of a child’s medical needs, from the area’s only Level III neonatal intensive care unit to pediatric intensive care, cancer care, rehabilitation and more than 120 board-certified physicians across 30 pediatric specialties.
Our pediatric emergency room and pediatric trauma referral center are available when you need us most, and our neonatal and pediatric ambulances – coupled with our pediatric helicopter – bring life-saving care to communities across our region. For children with chronic conditions and complex medical problems, we provide a wide array of highly-trained pediatric subspecialists in affiliation with University of Florida Health.
The Studer Family Children’s Hospital provides quality, compassionate care to children, regardless of their parents’ ability to pay.
Why Choose a Children’s Hospital?
True pediatric care is more than a colorful room with kid-friendly artwork and toys.
Only 6 percent of hospital emergency departments are fully equipped to care for children. The Studer Family Children’s Hospital offers Northwest Florida’s only pediatric trauma center and the only pediatric emergency room backed by specialists.
A child’s airway is different in both size and shape from an adult’s, which makes inserting a breathing tube before surgery more difficult. The Children’s Hospital as pediatric anesthesiologists who know how to safely provide sleep medicine for each child.
Children lose heat and fluids more easily than adults, so the Children’s Hospital takes extra steps during surgery to ensure children receive fluids and stay warm.
Children have smaller organs and veins than adults. Pediatric surgeons at the Children’s Hospital have the expertise to operate in tiny spaces.
Children may have a hard time explaining how they feel. Caregivers and child-life specialists at the Children’s Hospital know how to explain procedures, monitor pain and anticipate emotions so patients can have the best hospital experience possible.
The Children’s Hospital Difference
The Studer Family Children’s Hospital at Ascension Sacred Heart is:
- A member of the Children’s Hospital Association
- A member of the Florida Association of Children’s Hospitals
- A Certified Pediatric Trauma Center
- Affiliated with University of Florida – a nationally ranked academic and research institution
- An accredited pediatric residency program with University of Florida
- An accredited pediatric pharmacy residency program
- An accredited child life internship and practicum program
Plus, our staff trains:
- Military family-practice residents in pediatrics
- All local nursing schools in pediatric nursing
Our staff includes:
- Board-certified pediatric anesthesiologists
- On-site, in-house, board-certified, fellowship-trained pediatric radiologists
- Board-certified, fellowship-trained pediatric surgeons
- 24/7 on-site, in-house, pediatric hospitalists
- 24/7 in-house pediatric pharmacists
- 24/7 on-site, in-house, board-certified, fellowship-trained neonatologists
- Board-certified pediatric emergency medicine physicians
- Neonatal & Pediatric transport team (2 transport ambulances)
- Pediatric-certified nurses
- Neonatal-certified nurses
- Pediatric-emergency-certified nurses
- Pediatric chemotherapy and biotherapy provider nurses trained by Association of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Nurses (APOHN)
- Pediatric & neonatal respiratory therapists
- Certified pediatric ultrasound technicians
- Certified child life specialists
- Certified pediatric dieticians
- Certified lactation consultants
- Pediatric and neonatal dedicated social work and case management
- Pediatric rehabilitation (physical, occupational and speech therapy) – both inpatient and outpatient
- Certified SANE (sexual assault nurse examiners) nurses
- Developmental Early Intervention/Early Steps Program
- Applied Behavior Analysis Therapy for Autism
- Certified car seat safety technicians
Our campus includes:
- On-site Ronald McDonald House and in-house Ronald McDonald Family Room
- Regional pediatric dialysis center
- Pediatric sedation for imaging studies (only hospital in area)