The Studer Family Children’s Hospital at Sacred Heart provides the region’s only dedicated 10-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU).
For the most critically ill and injured children, The Studer Family Children’s Hospital at Sacred Heart provides the region’s only dedicated 10-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) for around-the-clock care when you need it most. Our mission is to provide quality, compassionate care in a family-friendly environment by using the latest technology and treatment techniques.
Our Intensive Care Team
Our pediatric intensive care team includes physicians, specialists, nurses and other support staff who all have specialized training in caring for critically ill children of all ages, from infants to teenagers. Our care team includes:
- Four doctors (called pediatric intensivists) who have specialized training in caring for critically ill children
- Pediatric specialists from 28 diverse specialty fields, including surgery, anesthesiology and radiology
- Pediatric respiratory therapists
- Pediatric rehabilitative specialists (physical, speech and occupational rehabilitation)
- Pediatric dietitian
- Child life specialists
- Pediatric social workers
CONDITIONS WE TREAT
Our PICU team cares for a wide range of serious medical and surgical conditions. Some of the most common illnesses include:
- Respiratory failure (severe breathing problems)
- Sepsis (serious infection)
- Congenital heart disease
- Trauma (such as severe head injury)
VISITING HOURS AND GUIDELINES
At The Children's Hospital, we believe that visits by friends and family members are an important part of your child’s healing and recovery. You are an important member of your child’s care team, and we look forward to working with you in caring for your child.
Please see our PICU Visitation Policy here.
WE'RE HERE FOR YOU
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your child’s care or these visiting policies, please do not hesitate to ask a member of your child’s care team.